Skilled individuals looking to immigrate to Canada now have an exciting opportunity to do so with the Human Capital Priorities Stream under the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). This immigration program offers skilled individuals a pathway to permanent immigration in Canada, allowing them to live and work in the country permanently!
What is the Human Capital Priorities Stream?
One of several immigration streams under the OINP, the Human Capital Priorities Stream, offers Express Entry for skilled individuals looking to take their expertise to Canada. Under this Stream, foreign workers with the required specialized work experience, education, and language proficiency can apply for permanent immigration to Ontario, Canada!
What are the requirements to qualify for this Stream?
To be eligible to apply for permanent immigration to Canada with the Human Capital Priorities Stream, you first need to decide which federal program you want to be assessed against: The Federal Skilled Workers Program or the Canadian Experience Class.
Under the Federal Skilled Workers Program, you must have:
- At least one year of continuous paid full-time work experience (or an equivalent in paid part-time work) in a Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Note that your work experience must have been obtained within the last five years from the date of submitting your immigration application and that it must be in the same primary occupation as identified in your Express Entry profile.
Under the Canadian Experience Class, you must have:
- At least one year of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or an equivalent in part-time work) in Canada in a Skill Type 0 or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Note that your work experience must have been:
- Obtained within the last three years from the date of submitting your application;
- In one or more of the occupations that you identified in your Express Entry profile;
- In Canada, while maintaining legal status in the country.
For educational qualifications, you must have a Canadian bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree, or its equivalent in another country.
You must also have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 or higher to meet the language proficiency requirements.
Furthermore, you must also show to the Canadian government that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependent family members once you settle in Canada and that you have a genuine intention to live and work in Ontario.
You can contact our RCIC registered immigration consultants for further information on the requirements of this Stream!
What is the application process?
To apply, you must ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements and pay the application cost of $1,500. You can pay via a credit card and complete the entire procedure online through the ONIP e-Filling Portal.
For professional services and assistance, you can also authorize eduaid to be your representative and handle all the application process formalities on your behalf!
What are the benefits?
If your application is successful, you will be able to move to Canada as a permanent resident. You can enjoy all the benefits of Canadian permanent residents, such as:
- Living, studying and working in Canada permanently;
- Free education for your children in Canada’s excellent public education system;
- Access to some of the leading universities in the world for the higher education of your children;
- Medical coverage under Canada’s universal healthcare scheme for permanent residents and citizens – Medicare;
- The opportunity to apply for Canadian citizenship.
Who can help me with the application process?
Your best option for authorizing representatives to handle the application process is eduaid! Our RCIC registered immigration lawyers are recognized by the Canadian government as legitimate immigration service providers. From preparing an indisputable application to taking care of all the formalities and paperwork – we have you covered!
Give our RCIC registered immigration lawyers a call, or visit our offices for more information!