- In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Take a smaller bowl and pour the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and melted butter into it. Give it a little whisk.
- Gradually pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, and mix it with a beater till it becomes a dough.
- Scoop out the dough in tiny, doughnut-hole sizes and deep fry in hot oil for 4 minutes (or until it turns golden brown in colour).
- Toss the fried doughnut-holes in your topping of choice to get an even coat.
- Enjoy your freshly prepared and steaming Timbits!
Popular Canadian Recipe: Timbits
Timbits, the bite-sized doughnut-holes, are Canadian delicacies that are adored all over the country. These sweet morsels are perfect for light snacks to be enjoyed with your loved ones, and are great to go with tea or coffee. To help you indulge in these sugary cake balls at home, we have provided the super-easy recipe below, which will definitely satiate your sweet tooth cravings! Ingredients · 4 cups of all-purpose flour, sifted; · 4 tablespoons of sugar; · 2 tablespoons of baking powder; · 1 teaspoon of baking soda; · 1 teaspoon of salt; · ½ teaspoon of grated nutmeg; · 2 eggs; · 300 ml milk; · 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract; · 6 tablespoons of melted butter; · Oil (for frying); and · 1 cup of icing sugar (or any other topping of your choice). Procedure