Bridging Visa D – BVD (040/041) - eduaid

Bridging Visa D – BVD (040/041)


Bridging Visa D – BVD (040/041)

The Bridging Visa D – BVD (subclass 040-041) allows you to reside in Australia temporarily until you are able to apply for a substantive visa, or are granted a Bridging Visa E (BVE).

How do I get this visa?

The Bridging Visa D has two types: Bridging (Prospective Applicant) visa (subclass 040) and the Bridging (Non-Applicant) visa (subclass 041).

In order to be eligible for BVD (subclass 040), the following are required:

  • You must be in Australia.

  • You either do not hold a visa, or your visa will expire in three days from the day you lodge your BVD application.

  • You were not able to apply for a substantive visa due to mistakes in your application, but you can try again within the next five working days.

In order to be eligible for BVD (subclass 041), the following are required:

  • You are in Australia.

  • You do not hold a visa.

  • You are either unable to or do not want to apply for a substantive visa.

  • There is no authorized officer available to interview you.

Are there any other conditions?

The BVD (subclass 040) is only valid for five working days from the date it is granted, as is the BVD (subclass 041). Moreover, your BVD (subclass 041) automatically expires if you are granted a BVE (subclass 050) within those five working days.

While your BVD is valid, you must lodge a substantive visa application.

How do I apply for this visa?

You and anyone else included in your application must be in Australia when the application is lodged, and when a decision is made on it.

You can contact eduaid for any kind of assistance with preparing your visa application. You cannot go wrong with their expert opinions and professionalism.

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

This visa is important so that your stay in Australia is not considered unlawful. The bridging visa lets you reside in Australia temporarily in case your substantive visa expires before you could apply for another one, or if you need to stay in Australia for a short time before exiting the country.