Who is this visa for?
The Carer visa (subclass 836) allows someone to provide substantial and continuing assistance to a relative or a family member of a relative who is suffering from a permanent or long-term medical condition.
How can I apply for this visa?
To be eligible for this visa, you must be willing to provide care to your relative in Australia.
- Your relative (or their family member) must have a permanent or long-term medical condition.
- You relative cannot get the proper assistance needed from another source in Australia.
- You must be willing and able to provide continuing assistance.
- You must fully understand the kind of assistance your relative needs.
- Your relative or their partner must sponsor you.
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any debts you might have.
Are there any other conditions?
Your relative or their family member must have their medical condition assessed by Bupa Medical Visa Services as being one which requires them to have assistance in attending to the practical aspects of daily life.
Moreover, if you are older than 18, you must sign an Australian Values Statement to confirm that you will respect the Australian way of life, and obey all Australian laws.
Furthermore, your sponsor must agree to support you for two years after the visa is granted.
What is the application process?
The relative you will be caring for must sponsor you for this visa. You must hold a valid passport, and fill out all necessary forms before sending them by post or courier.
For more assistance with lodging your visa application, get in touch with eduaid!
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
The Carer visa (subclass 836) is a permanent visa. It lets you:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely as a permanent resident.
- Apply for Australian citizenship.
- Travel to and from Australia with all the benefits of a permanent resident for five years from the date the visa is granted.
- Include your partner and child/step-child in your visa application.