Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) visa (Subclass 864) - eduaid

Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) visa (Subclass 864)


Contributory Aged Parent (Permanent) visa (Subclass 864)

Who is this visa for?

The Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) allows a parent of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to arrive and live in Australia permanently.

How do I get this visa?

To gain eligibility for this visa, you need to:

  •  Have a child who is settled in Australia as a citizen or permanent resident, or is an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  •  Be sponsored by your child in Australia, who must be at least 18 years old.
  •  Be eligible for an Age Pension in Australia.
  •  Obtain an Assurance of Support.
  •  Meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.

Are there any other conditions?

You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any debts you might have.

You might be considered ineligible for this visa if you have had a visa cancelled or refused previously in Australia.

Applicants also have to meet the balance-of-family test, which requires them to have at least half of their children live permanently in Australia, or have more of their children live in Australia than in any other country.

However, you will be exempted from this if:

  •  You currently hold a Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884), or
  •  Your Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884) ended in the immediate 28 days prior to your visa application lodgement, or
  •  Your Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884) ended more than 28 days before you lodge your visa application, but you can show compassionate and convincing reasons to be      allowed to still hold the visa.

How do I apply for this visa?

You should be in Australia when you launch your visa application, and when a decision is made on your application. Depending on whether or not you hold the Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 884), you need to complete either:

  •  Form 47PT – Application for Migration to Australia by a Contributory Parent (Temporary) or Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) visa holder, or
  •  Form 47PA – Application for a Parent to Migrate to Australia.

On the other hand, your sponsor needs to complete Form 40 – Sponsorship for Migration to Australia.

For more information and assistance on how to lodge a successful visa application, contact eduaid – renowned providers of unmatched immigration services.

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

The Contributory Aged Parent visa (subclass 864) is a permanent visa, and lets you:

  •  Stay in Australia indefinitely.
  •  Find employment and study opportunities in Australia.
  •  Enjoy the benefits of Medicare – Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
  •  Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia.
  •  Enter and exit Australia as you please for five years.
  •  Apply for Australian citizenship.

You can also include your partner and child/step-child in your visa application, who will be granted the same rights and obligations – and enjoy the exact same benefits as you – in Australia.