Who is Resident Return Visa in Australia for?
This visa is applicable for those who are permanent residents of Australia, were former permanent residents of Australia and those who were former citizens of Australia.
How do I get Resident Return Visa in Australia?
To be granted either of the subclass 155 or 157 visas, you must hold a valid passport and meet the character requirement.
You may be granted the subclass 155 visa if:
To be granted the subclass 157 visa:
- You have spent at least 2 of the last 5 years as a permanent resident or as a citizen in Australia.
- You are applying for the visa while you are in Australia, or,
- You are applying from overseas but you were a citizen or permanent resident of Australia when you last departed the country.
- You have business, cultural, employment, or personal ties of benefit to Australia.
- You are a family member of a current Resident Return visa holder.
There are also some factors you need to avoid, such as:
- You must have spent a minimum of one day and a maximum of 2 years in Australia in the past 5 years.
- You must have been a permanent resident or a citizen of Australia the entire time you spent in Australia.
- You must provide a convincing reason as to why you left Australia previously.
- You must not be a former citizen of Australia who has lost or repudiated citizenship.
- You must be a former permanent resident of Australia where your last permanent visa was not cancelled.
Are there any other conditions?
In case you have been living overseas for more than three months, then you will be required to provide a convincing reason as to why you were not present in the country for that duration.
How do I apply for this visa?
You will need to complete either the subclass 155 or 157 application form and lodge your application online along with the necessary documents. Eduaid can provide you with the best assistance in this regard.
Benefits of a Resident Return Visa
- Both of these visas are permanent visas.
- Both visas enable you to study and work in Australia indefinitely.
- You can travel freely to and from Australia.
- You can apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- You can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia.
- The subclass 155 visa lasts for up to 5 years from the date of grant.
- The subclass 157 visa lasts for 3 months from the date of grant.
- You will enjoy all the benefits of Medicare, Australia’s health-care scheme.