Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) - eduaid

Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)


Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462)

Who is this visa for?

This visa is aimed at young people who wish to work and holiday in Australia for up to a year.

How do I get this visa?

You need to meet the eligibility requirements for this visa in order to be granted one. To be eligible, you must:

  • Be between 18 and 30 years of age
  • Not have a dependent child accompanying you during the time you spend in Australia
  • Show that your main reason for visiting Australia is to spend a holiday, and any work you might do is to support your holiday
  • Show that you have a good chance of finding temporary work in order to support your holiday
  • Be financially covered for returning home
  • Intend to leave Australia at the expiry of your visa

What is the application process?

You need to lodge a paper application for this visa. To apply, you must prepare the necessary documents to prove the claims you make in the application.

Eduaid has some of the best registered migration agents, and can help you with all the formalities of the visa application process.

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

  • It is a temporary visa. You will be required to exit Australia upon the expiration of this visa
  • This visa will allow you to stay in Australia for 12 months, starting from the day you enter Australia
  • You can study and train in Australia for up to 4 months with this visa
  • You can work in Australia with this visa, but cannot work more than 6 months under one employer without express permission from the Department of Immigration