Australia’s Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) allows people who have stayed, worked and studied in a designated Australian region on a previous visa to become Australian permanent residents. With this visa, you can make use of your skillset to become a permanent resident in Australia – one of the top immigration destinations in the world!
What is the subclass 191 visa?
The Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) visa (subclass 191) is a highly popular permanent skilled migration visa to Australia. With this visa, successful applicants can stay in Australia permanently, sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in the country, and even apply for Australian citizenship!
What are the requirements of this visa?
To be eligible for the subclass 191 visa, applicants must:
- Hold an eligible visa (subclass 491 or 494);
- Have lived in a designated region in Australia for three years;
- Have a taxable income clearing a specific income threshold for at least three years while holding an eligible visa;
- Meet the required conditions of the eligible visa(s) previously held.
Moreover, applicants must be present in Australia in order to apply for the subclass 191 visa, and also be in the country for the grant of this visa.
What are the benefits of the subclass 191 visa?
With the subclass 191 visa, you can:
- Live, work and study in Australia permanently;
- Apply for Australian citizenship;
- Enrol in Australia’s world-renowned public health care scheme, Medicare;
- Sponsor your eligible family members to join you in Australia as permanent residents;
- Travel to and from the country for five years from the date on which your visa is granted.
Who can help me with the application process?
To apply for permanent skilled migration to Australia with the subclass 191 visa, get in touch with eduaid! Our excellent team of immigration consultants are registered with Australia’s Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA), and are officially recognised by the Australian government! We spare no effort in ensuring the highest quality of immigration service for our esteemed clients, and will guide you every step of the way on your quest to obtaining permanent residence in Australia!