The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) visa (subclass 461) allows a non-New Zealand citizen to stay in Australia with a family member who is a New Zealand citizen.
How do I get this visa?
To be granted this visa, you must:
- Not be a New Zealand citizen.
- Be a family member of a New Zealand citizen.
- Meet the Australian government’s health and character requirements.
- Not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, and have arranged to repay any debts you might have.
Are there any other conditions?
The family member you will live with must be a citizen of New Zealand, but not an Eligible New Zealand citizen. They must also live with – or be eligible to accompany you with – a Special Category visa (subclass 444) in Australia.
How do I apply for this visa?
To apply for this visa, you are required to complete Form 147 – Application for a New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (subclass 461) visa. You should attach all necessary documents along with the visa form, and lodge your application to the Department of Home Affairs by post or courier.
Contact eduaid for more information on how to prepare and successfully lodge a visa application for migrating to Australia!
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
With this visa, you can:
- Work in Australia.
- Study in Australia.
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted.
You can also include your or your partner’s child/step-child in your visa application, who will be given the same benefits as you if granted the visa.