Medical Treatment Visa (602) - eduaid

Medical Treatment Visa (602)


Medical Treatment Visa (602)

Who is this visa for?

This visa is applicable for those who wish to arrive in Australia for medical purposes – either for treatment or consultations.

How do I get this visa?

To get the subclass 602 visa:

  • You must have a medical consultation or a medical treatment plan in place in Australia, or
  • You must be coming as an organ donor, or
  • You must be accompanying a patient or organ donor who is applying for this visa, or
  • You must be coming to receive an organ from someone else.

There are also some factors you need to avoid, such as:

  • Not having a medical condition that could be a threat to the public health in Australia.
  • Not holding a subclass 426 visa or a subclass 403 visa (Domestic Worker stream).

Are there any other conditions?

If you do not have a medical consultation or medical treatment plan in place, then you must be present in Australia. You must also be at least 50 years of age, and been refused permanent residency on health grounds only.

Moreover, you must meet the financial, health, and character requirements of the Australian government.

How do I apply for this visa?

You can either apply online or from your local immigration office. You can enlist the help of eduaid for more information and services on this!

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

The subclass 602 is a temporary visa and grants you residence in Australia for medical treatment. Moreover, you can:

  • Study for up to three months with this visa, given that you are more than 18 years old.
  • Enter and exit Australia as many times as you want while this visa is valid.