This visa is designed for people who have previously worked and lived in particular regional areas of Australia. How do I get his visa?
- You need to hold a Skilled visa or a Bridging Visa A or B (granted from a subclass 487, 489 or 495 visa application)
- You must have previously had a skilled visa for a minimum of two years
- You are required to have previously lived and worked in a specific part of Australia i.e. a regional, low-population growth or designated area
- You must meet health and character requirements
- You can’t have outstanding debts to the Australian government and if you have had a visa refused or cancelled by the Australian government while you were in Australia, you may not be able to apply
Are there any other conditions?
- You need to be in Australia when you apply and when and if the visa is granted
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
- It is a permanent visa. You can migrate to Australia forever
- You can work, study and live anywhere in Australia
- You are entitled to access Medicare, Australia’s subsidised universal health care scheme
- You can travel freely to and from Australia for up to 5 years, after which you will need a Resident Return visa (RRV) to re-enter Australia
- You may be eligible to apply for citizenship
For your family:
- Your immediate family members, including your partner and your or your partner’s child or step-child, will enjoy exactly the same benefits and rights as you do
- Your children are entitled to free primary and secondary education
- You can apply to sponsor the migration of eligible relatives to join you in Australia