Student Visa Renewal I Student Visa extension in Australia

Student Visa

Student Visa Renewal I Student Visa extension in Australia

To Student Visa Renewal, you need to either leave Australia before the expiration of your existing visa or lodge a new application.

If your visa expires, you should contact the authorities as soon as possible; doing so more than 28 days after the expiration of your current visa might prevent you from returning to Australia for three years.

Extending your stay in Australia

You can extend your stay in Australia only if you do not have a ‘No Further Stay’ condition on your current student visa, or if this restriction has been removed from your existing stay permit. You can verify if you have this restriction by looking into your visa grant information, or through Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO).

How can I extend my stay in Australia?

You can be allowed an extension on your current student visa for:

  • Further study
  • Graduation
  • Work
  • Migration
  • A holiday

Generally, you can only hold one visa at a time, with bridging visas being the only exception.

You should ideally contact eduaid before lodging a new visa application, to be aware of any impacts it might have on your existing visa.