Who is this visa for?
The Parent visa (subclass 103) is a permanent visa which lets parents of a settled in Australia as Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia permanently.
How can I apply for this visa?
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Have a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Be sponsored by your child who must be 18 years or older.
- Meet the balance-of-family test, which means that:
- At least half of your children must live permanently in Australia.
- More of your children must live in Australia than in any other country.
- Be able to obtain an Assurance of Support.
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts you might have to the Australian government.
Are there any other conditions?
Sponsors can sponsor more than one parent for this visa. Also, your visa application might be rejected if you previously had a visa cancelled or refused while in Australia.
What is the visa application process?
You need to have your most recent passport – which does not necessarily have to be valid – when you apply for this visa. However, you MUST have a valid passport to be granted the visa.
You can apply for the visa from either within Australia or outside. You need to complete Form 47PA – Application for a Parent to Migrate to Australia, while your sponsor must complete Form 40 – Sponsorship for Migration to Australia. All documents should be provided, and application fees paid, when you lodge your visa application.
For more assistance with applying for this visa, contact eduaid.
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
This permanent visa allows you to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely.
- Work and study in Australia.
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s globally renowned national healthcare scheme.
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence in Australia.
- Travel to and from Australia as you please for five years from the date your visa is issued.
- Apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible.
- Include your partner and/or your child/step-child in your visa application.
Your family members will have the same rights and enjoy the same benefits as you.