Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) - eduaid

Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)


Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408)

Who is this visa for?

The Temporary Activity visa (subclass 408) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in or as one of the following:

  • Research
  • Invited participant
  • Domestic worker (executive)
  • Australian Government endorsed event
  • Entertainer
  • Religious worker
  • Special program
  • Sport
  • Exchange
  • Superyacht crew

How do I get this visa?

You must meet certain eligibility requirements to get this visa:

  • Have the skills to participate in the activity to be carried out in Australia
  • Have sufficient financial support for you and your family while in Australia
  • Have adequate health insurance arrangements while in Australia
  • Genuinely intend to remain temporarily in Australia to partake in the activity specified in your application

Are there any other conditions?

You must also meet health and character requirements.

How do I apply for this visa?

You can apply online for this visa. Get in touch with eduaid for the best immigration consultation and services.

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

This visa allows you to:

  • Observe an Australian research project, or participate in a research activity at an Australian tertiary or research institution to your field of study
  • Respond to invitations for stays of up to three months by an Australian organisation to participate in a specific cultural or social event
  • Assist senior foreign executives in their household
  • Participate in a government endorsed event
  • Work in the entertainment industry
  • Do full-time religious work
  • Participate in an approved special program that provides opportunities for community benefits, cultural enrichments or youth exchange
  • Play, coach, or adjudicate under contract to an Australian sporting organisation or club
  • Work in a skilled position under a reciprocal staff exchange arrangement
  • Work as a superyacht crew member on board a superyacht in Australia

This visa can be granted with varying lengths of stay. For instance, you can stay in Australia for up to three months if invited by an organisation to participate in a specific event.

If participating in Australian government activities, you will be granted a visa of four years, while for all other activities you will be granted a visa for two years.