The Training Visa (subclass 407 visa) allows you to migrate to Australia temporarily in order to participate in workplace-based training to further develop your skills in your area of expertise by taking part in a professional training program.
How do I get this visa?
To get this visa, you need to meet certain requirements, such as:
- Being sponsored to participate in the relevant training or developmental activities.
- Being identified in an approved nomination by an Australian organisation.
- Being proficient in the English language in order to complete the training and meet occupational health and safety standards.
- Genuinely intending to stay in Australia temporarily.
- Being financially capable of supporting yourself and accompanying relatives in Australia.
- Having sufficient health insurance arrangements in Australia.
- Meeting the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
- Being at least 18 years old.
Are there any other conditions?
You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any debts you might have, before you can apply for this visa.
You must also provide a statement about your current or previous conduct as part of the visa application process.
Moreover, you are required to comply with all Australian laws, abide by all the conditions of your visa, and leave Australia before your visa expires.
How do I apply for this visa?
You can apply for this visa online, from both within Australia and from outside the country. For pointers on how to lodge an irrefutable visa application, contact eduaid.
What are the features and benefits of this visa?
This visa is not applicable for those whose sole intention for going to Australia is to work.
If you are outside Australia at the time the visa is granted, you can:
- Travel to and enter Australia after the visa is granted.
- Remain in Australia for the validity period of the visa, generally up to 2 years.
- Travel to and from Australia as you please during the stay period granted.
If you are in Australia when the visa is granted, you can:
- Remain in Australia for the stay period granted to take part in the training program specified in your visa application.
- Travel to and from Australia during the visa validity.
You can lodge a new application if you want to renew your existing Training visa (subclass 407).