Training Visa (subclass 407)

Training Visa

Training Visa (subclass 407)

The Training Visa (subclass 407 visa) allows you to migrate to Australia temporarily in order to participate in workplace-based training to further develop your skills in your area of expertise by taking part in a professional training program.

How do I get this visa?

To get this visa, you need to meet certain requirements, such as:

  • Being sponsored to participate in the relevant training or developmental activities.
  • Being identified in an approved nomination by an Australian organisation.
  • Being proficient in the English language in order to complete the training and meet occupational health and safety standards.
  • Genuinely intending to stay in Australia temporarily.
  • Being financially capable of supporting yourself and accompanying relatives in Australia.
  • Having sufficient health insurance arrangements in Australia.
  • Meeting the health and character requirements of the Australian government.
  • Being at least 18 years old.

Are there any other conditions?

You must not have any outstanding debts to the Australian government, or have arranged to repay any debts you might have, before you can apply for this visa.

You must also provide a statement about your current or previous conduct as part of the visa application process.

Moreover, you are required to comply with all Australian laws, abide by all the conditions of your visa, and leave Australia before your visa expires.

How do I apply for this visa?

You can apply for this visa online, from both within Australia and from outside the country. For pointers on how to lodge an irrefutable visa application, contact eduaid.

What are the features and benefits of this visa?

This visa is not applicable for those whose sole intention for going to Australia is to work.

If you are outside Australia at the time the visa is granted, you can:

  • Travel to and enter Australia after the visa is granted.
  • Remain in Australia for the validity period of the visa, generally up to 2 years.
  • Travel to and from Australia as you please during the stay period granted.

If you are in Australia when the visa is granted, you can:

  • Remain in Australia for the stay period granted to take part in the training program specified in your visa application.
  • Travel to and from Australia during the visa validity.

You can lodge a new application if you want to renew your existing Training visa (subclass 407).


ICT Professionals In Australia

Are you a skilled person wanting to live and work in Australia? It allows you and your family members to comeĀ in Australia and this visa leads to citizenship. With New Migration Program Year knocking at the door, a lot more professions are expected


An Australian Citizenship & PR Visa are not the same thing. Get to know the key differences here as well as the privileges and responsibilities of being an Australian citizen. Australian Citizenship & PR Visa An Australian permanent residen


This visa is for you if you are a parent of a child or stepchild, or partner or relative who, at the time the visa application is lodged, is 'settled' and either an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen. This means yo

Business Migration To Australia

Australia, known for its vibrant economy and high standard of living, has become an attractive destination for entrepreneurs and business owners looking to expand their ventures. With a stable political environment, robust infrastructure, and a skill

Skilled Migration to Australia

Australia is known for its high living standards, diverse culture, and thriving economy. With a vast array of opportunities for skilled professionals worldwide, it's no wonder many people are considering migrating to Australia. This article will delv